Find a FOIP Office

Each public body has a FOIP Office or Coordinator who is responsible for managing its access and privacy responsibilities. They can answer questions and arrange for access to a public body's records.

Public bodies in Alberta include:

  • Government of Alberta departments
  • Municipalities
  • Metis settlements
  • Drainage districts
  • Housing management bodies
  • Irrigation districts
  • School jurisdictions
  • Post-secondary institutions
  • Public libraries
  • Police services (but not RCMP)
  • Police commissions
  • Health care bodies
  • Some Agencies, Boards and Commissions
  • Any updates or changes to a public body's FOIP contact information, please email

    *Note: Contact the Coordinator responsible for the Government of Canada's departments and institutions.

    Search the Coordinator's Name or Public Body Name:
    Coordinator's First Name:
    Coordinator's Last Name:
    Public Body Name:

    Tip: Watch Your spelling! You can search for part of or the entire public body name. If your search does not return the correct public body, try making the search less specific: instead of searching "children's services" try searching "child" instead.

    Public Body Type: