Apply to change the sex marker on your driver’s licence or identification card.
To change the sex designation, please submit one of the following:
- An amended birth certificate, or
- An amended record of birth, or
- An affidavit and a letter from a regulated medical professional.
An individual is eligible to amend the sex on their operator's licence/identification (ID) card if they’re:
- at least 18 years of age
- less than 18 years of age, but are married or an adult interdependent partner
- less than 18 years of age, and are providing both parents’ or their guardians’ consent
- less than 18 years of age, and there is a court order dispensing with the parents/guardians consent
You do not have to reapply at renewal time. For details on how to submit an application, please contact an Alberta registry agent office.
Affidavit for Amendment of Sex (PDF, 157 KB)
Consent to Amend Sex for a Minor (PDF, 156 KB)